Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Bon Appetit!

Well...the time has come. Gone are the lazy days of drinking milk now replaced with a new and exciting adventure...solid food! Yes..after 5 1/2 months of living on a milk alone...our little guy got his first taste of real solid food. However, I don't quite know how we get away saying "solid" food...it is more like liquid mush (and not too tasty I must add). I've been eagerly awaiting for this day, excited to see how he would react to the taste of something other than milk going into his mouth. We started off with rice cereal and after a few spoonfuls, Will really seemed to like it! By the second day, he seemed to get the hang of eating and was opening his mouth after each spoonful, waiting for the next spoonful. Not only was he eating the serving I made for him but he wanted more! Of course we got plenty of pictures (and a video!) of Will's first meal.

Hey, what's going on here. I don't usuallly sit here when I am going to eat! Why aren't you holding me mommy?

Okay, I guess we are trying something new here. I'll go with it to amuse mommy and daddy.

What the heck was that?

Daddy, why are you just standing there watching while mommy is putting this mush in my mouth?

Hmm...I guess I'm on my own here. I'm not getting any help from you daddy.

That spoon is over rated. I'll just lick it off my bib here, it is much easier.

Hey..that stuff isn't too bad. Can I have some more?

That was fun mommy but I'm full...


Here are some pictures from our second try at solid foods...

Mommy...I got the hang of this eating thing now. I can do it myself.

See, I told you I could feed myself. No problem!

Maybe you should just pass over the bowl as well. I'll take care of it from here.

Hey..I'm not done yet! I want some more!


And here are a few more pictures that I thought were too cute not to post.


No comments: