Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Santa and Some Skating too...

It's that time of year again...time for pictures with Santa! We took the boys to see Santa today in the hopes they would actually sit on Santa's lap so I could get my picture. The entire wait in the line I was giving Will a pep talk about how nice Santa is and kept asking what he was going to tell Santa he wanted for Christmas. When it was our turn to see Santa, Eric and I made a big deal about how excited we were which I think helped a little bit. Will actually stood next to Santa instead of crying and grabbing at us to get him away. He still wouldn't sit on his lap but I'll take standing next to him as progress! Poor Jack then just got thrown into Santa's lap and he was not happy about it. I snapped as many pictures I could before we had to rescue Jack. Here are a few...

Yes..that is a shark you see hanging in the upper left hand corner of this picture. We were at the Bass Pro Shops where they do free pictures with Santa. However, we never got our free pictures because the boys didn't sit long enough for the girl to get a picture!

Will was skeptical from the start but going with it. Poor Jack didn't even know what had hit him. One minute he was having fun standing in line, the next minute he was getting thrown into a strange man's lap.


Uhh...Santa..what are you doing to my brother?



Well...I still didn't get my nice picture of the two boys sitting on Santa's lap, but I'll count today as a success. Maybe next year's picture will be Will sitting on Santa's lap with a smile and Jack standing next to him.

After our visit with Santa, we took Will ice skating. We thought it would be a fun activity to do with him but wasn't sure if he was going to love it or absolutely hate it. Turns out Will likes to ice skate! For the first time on ice skates, I was very impressed and proud of him! He had no problem walking around in the ice skates off the ice and did a good job on the ice for it being his first time. We couldn't really tell if he was enjoying himself but everytime we asked if he was having fun or did he want to stop, he said he was having fun. He lasted for about 30 minutes which was great. I might start looking into ice skating lessons for him because he did so well today! Here are some pictures and a video of our ice skating adventure (there are a lot!)....





















No comments: