Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

...and baby makes 4!


We are excited to announce the arrival of Jack Edward on November 17th at 4:54am. Baby Jack weighed in at 8 lbs 8 ozs and was 21 1/2 inches long. For those of you who didn't know, Jack was supposed to arrive on November 19th but he decided he wanted to mix things up a little and surprise us by arriving two days early (is that a sign of things to come??). Let's just say we definitely were not expecting to be making a trip into the hospital at 11:30pm on Monday night! I must have had some sort of mother's intuition because I had spent the entire day running around doing some last minute errands, packing my bags for the hospital and washing a couple loads of baby clothes. Once I finally sat down to relax at 9:30pm I started to get contractions. After a while of wondering what to do, I finally called the doctor who told me I should come into the hospital (I never had labor pains with Will so this was new to me). We had to drag poor Will out of bed to drop him at Grandma and Judu's house and then we made our way into the hospital. They hooked me up to a monitor and we sat in the room from 11:30pm until 3:00am when the doctor finally decided to move forward with the c-section. Eric and I were exhausted at that point and a little delirious from not sleeping for almost 30 hours. We were both in a bit of shock since we were not planning on having a baby that night (or I should say morning at that point)!!

When they finally brought us into the delivery room, Jack arrived very quickly. The first thing the doctor said as they were delivering Jack was "Look at all that hair!". Jack had a full head of black hair just like I did when I was born. When I finally got to see Jack I was so excited and couldn't believe that we were now parents of two!

We are so happy that you are finally here baby Jack!! Here are some pictures of our sweet pea.

Ready for delivery!

Jack definitely had a set of lungs when he was born and continued to cry even after being bundled up in a blanket. He was not happy about being taken out of his warm, cozy home.


Meeting baby Jack for the first time


ahh...finally in my arms.

..and daddy's arm.

The proud grandparents









No comments: