Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Trapped

We've been having a difficult time with Jack and sleep the past few weeks. I know back when I wrote about moving Jack to the big boy bed I said we had to sit in the room with him until he fell asleep. Well we had broken that habit for about a month or so but then recently we somehow got sucked back into the routine of sitting there with him until he fell asleep. The primary reason was the fact that he figured out how to climb over the gate that we put in his door. So if we left before he was asleep, he would crawl out of bed, open the door and then proceed to either push the gate until he knocked it over, or would just climb over it like a monkey.

I snapped one night after having been in his room for a half an hour trying to get him to sleep. I marched downstairs and went on the internet to find the biggest, strongest gate I could find. Money was no object at that point and I was willing to spend as much as was needed to find something that would keep him in his room. So $60 later here is our new baby gate......


I will say that this thing does it's job and was WELL worth the $60. Jack can't push it over or climb over it. The first night he was not a happy camper but it worked! Now we are back to Jack staying in his bed when we put him there and I am a much happier mama!



Update: The gate DOESN'T work. Back to square on. :-(

No comments: