Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Twas the Night before Christmas


First off...it is hard to believe that Christmas is already over. Every year, there is so much anticipation for the holidays and then they come and go so quickly. Our anticipation for Christmas this year was multiplied because it was Will's first Christmas. We were so excited to see what his reaction would be on Christmas morning opening all his gifts. There was also the excitement in the fact that this was only our first of many more Christmas' we will spend with Will each one getting more and more exciting for us all. I had to control myself from going crazy with the gifts but Will definitely managed to make out like a bandit anyways (thanks in large part to the grandparents!)






If it was possible, I think my parents were more excited about Will opening his gifts than we were. They were so excited that within 5 minutes of walking through the front door, they were already giving Will some gifts to open. So we did Will's gifts in stages...two to start...a few more before dinner..and then the big load in the morning.



Look Mommy..I got some tissue paper!

Oh wait..you mean there is something else in there?

hmm...a bear? Don't even think about taking a naked picture of me on this thing.

Oh..what's in here?

Yeah..I love the Red Sox...but where are the toys?

Maybe there is something good in this box.

Socks?!?

Okay..I'm batting 0-2 here. Maybe this box has a toy in it.

Come on mommy..help me out.

A HAT!

Forget it...I'm going to play with my old toys.


Once we got through the second round of gifts, we headed off to spend Christmas Eve with some extended family.






When we got home from dinner, we followed our tradition of opening our gifts before going to bed. Of course, Will didn't get to open his gifts until the morning once Santa came. He did get to watch us open gifts since he refused to go to bed (until 12am). With all the excitment that night, he didn't want to take a chance on missing anything.

You'll notice I have no pictures of us opening gifts. I was too focused on tearing open my gifts. I did get the new camera I had asked for! So stayed tuned for some new and improved (hopefully) pictures. If you thought I took a lot before..just wait. Now I just have to figure out how to use the darn thing. Thank goodness Eric got me photography lessons to go along with the camera.

No comments: