Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Sneaky

Will tried to pull a fast one on me today.  I'm not sure when this boy got so smart but Eric and I are going to have to watch out when he gets older.  This morning before daycare, Will asked if he could bring his super hero cape to daycare. 

See exhibit A  - "The cape"















I told him that he couldn't bring the cape to school since it was not something that he could easily share with his friends and I figured it would just cause more problems for the poor teachers.  Will asked a second time and I said no so he dropped it after that.  I was surpirsed that he dropped it so easily since usually he will continue asking until I finally cave in.

About 10 minutes later, we go upstairs to brush our teeth and Will was wearing his hat as shown in Exhibit B below.

Exhibit B - "The hat"

As we were brushing their teeth, Will asked if he could wear his hat to school.  I said of course he could wear the hat, not really thinking much about it and thought he probably just wanted to show his teachers.  So we continued brushing and about minute or so later I randomly put my hand on Will's head.  Weird...the hat was strangely very firm when usually you touch it and it crushes down.

He stopped brushing and we both looked at each other knowing exactly what he had done.  See Exhibit C below.

Exhibit C - "The hideaway plan"
The little stinker had neatly folded up the cape and stuffed it into his hat.  This was the real reason he wanted to wear the hat to school.  His immediate response was "Mommy, I don't want to talk about it!"  I couldn't help but just laugh out loud.  That boy has a serious poker face.  He didn't even bat an eyelash when he asked me if he could wear the hat to school.  

So the question is should I have been mad because he was trying to be sneaky, or proud that he was smart enough to think of a plan like that??   hahaha..either way I had a really good laugh about it and it still makes me laught whenever I think about it and the look on his face when I caught him.

No comments: