Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Art Project Gone Wrong

I try to be a crafty mom every once in a while. It usually isn't very often because the effort it takes to get everything ready and then the clean up afterwards takes more time than the actual project itself. Last time was body painting so this time I decided we would try to make dinosaur sock puppets. The project started off well until we discovered that nothing would stick to the socks since I bought the wrong glue (oops). I had been hyping up this project all morning so I had to come up with a plan B quickly in order to keep everyone happy. So instead of sock puppets, we decided to cut dinosaur shapes out of the felt and paint them so we could make magnets for the fridge. This seemed to satisfy Will so I quickly cut out a few dinosaurs so we could get started. As I watched Will meticulously paint his dinosaur......


.......Jack decided it would be more fun to paint himself.
And boy did he think this was hysterical.

This is good but it would look so much better.......
On my head!!!



I had to cut things off once Jack started eating the table cloth.


Well, I guess this is my fault for introducing body painting to a 1.5 year old. Painting yourself is apparently much more fun than painting a boring old piece of paper. Looks like our next art project will not include painting.

No comments: