Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

First day of "School"


Last week was a big week for us. I went back to work on Monday after having 4 months off and Jack went to daycare for the first time. I really had been ignoring the fact that I was going back and then all of a sudden it was here. I had such mixed emotions about going back..should I go back to work...should I stay home? It was a really hard decision when I made it with Will and it was just as hard of a decision when I made it this time around. However, despite all my concerns, the first week went fairly well. The actual drop off on the first day was emotional and I had a hard time holding back the tears when I handed Jack over to his teachers (Kristen and Betsy above). However, it was made a little easier just by knowing how much Will loves going to daycare and how well he has done there since he started. Fortunately, Jack is so young that I don't even know if he realizes that Eric and I are not there.

On the first day, the teachers told me that they brought Will down to see Jack during the day. Since Will is all over Jack when we are at home, I thought for sure he would do the same thing at daycare. However, his teachers said that Will completely ignored Jack! He walked into the room and when he first saw Jack he had a big smile on his face. After that he wanted nothing to do with him and wanted to play with all the other babies. I'm thinking it was just so out of context to see Jack at daycare that he was a little confused and didn't know quite what to do. Hopefully next time he will give his brother a little more love!

Here are a few pictures from Jack's first week. He is already doing art projects!! His teacher said that while Jack was painting they were saying "Go Jack Go" and he was getting all excited and waving his hands all around.



No comments: